Wednesday, March 18, 2015

D&G Employee Quits

The fall out continues for the boys of Dolce and Gabbana after their ridiculous comments on family.  Their magazine director has resigned from his position after 17 years because he disagrees with the designers.  Here is his resignation letter
Dear friends of Facebook, 
I am writing to inform you that today I have resigned my position as editor of Swide.com, the magazine published by Dolce & Gabbana. It ‘was a difficult decision, but serene. In recent years along with the preparation and to the many collaborators around the world, we have told in English Italy and the Italians of yesterday and today, trying to follow the thread of the extraordinary ability that Stefano and Domenico have to make the pop ‘immense cultural heritage of our country. I think designers should do the designers and talk with clothes. And I think it is fair to recognize Stefano and Domenico’s ambitious and visionary desire to make their brand and their fashion creations bearers of values. However, the latest legitimately expressed by Dolce Gabbana and in the interview with the weekly Panorama about what a family and what are the ways in which people can legitimately form family, then two values ??that touch the Italian public debate, and not only, are totally incompatible with my conscience as a human being in the contemporary world and inconsistent with my commitment to individual involved in the political debate. This is why I resigned from the post of managing director of Swide.com. And ‘now that people thought, as I believe to be, make small gestures like this. I am proud to be Italian, our traditions and our past, but I think that Italy can look to a more modern and egalitarian future for its citizens and its children. All the children.

No comments:

 
Share