Saturday, August 9, 2014

Daniel Radcliffe Defends Michael Sam

Daniel Radcliffe may not be queer but he's still awesome in my books.  I love him even more now for sticking up for Michael Sam.  He points out how unfair the draft was to the openly gay player.
I think it’s fucking awesome. It’s fantastic that he’s got a team. It’s horrendous that he slipped to 249 after being the SEC defensive player of the year. People can say whatever they like about his athleticism, or not fitting the bill for certain conditions or whatever, but the fact is no player in the last six years to win that award has been drafted lower than 16th overall, I think. So it’s sad that that was an issue. But I think he’s amazing, frankly.In interviews, at no point does he allow himself to be portrayed as a victim or someone who deserves extra sympathy. He’s brilliant at shutting that down. I think everybody else just hopes he does fucking brilliantly this year, and that there’s going to be a list of quarterbacks who got sacked by a gay defensive end.
He also comments on the haters that were so upset about Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend on television.
My favorite comments online were the ones that said, “I don’t mind him being gay, but I don’t want to see him kiss his boyfriend.” Well, you kinda do mind, then. Also, I presume Michael Sam told the world he was gay so that when he was drafted he could do that without having to fucking think about it or hide it. And I think that’s a fantastic thing. Hopefully Michael Sam’s taking the plunge for everyone who will come after him.

No comments:

 
Share