Friday, August 15, 2014

Christian Singer Comes Out

British Christian singer Vicky Beeching has come out as a lesbian.  I think this is a very bold move for her being that Christianity hasn't always been our biggest fans.  I hope this helps her career so more barriers can be taken down for queer artists.  Just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't love or be loved by God.  Here is why she decided to come out:
Realising that I was attracted to women was a horrible feeling. I was so embarrassed and ashamed. It became more and more of a struggle because I couldn’t tell anyone. I increasingly began to feel like I was living behind an invisible wall. The inner secrecy of holding that inside was divorcing me from reality – I was living in my own head. Anybody I was in a friendship with, or anything I was doing in the church, was accompanied by an internal mantra: ‘What if they knew?’ It felt like all of my relationships were built on this ice that would break if I stepped out on to it.

No comments:

 
Share